The Royal Philatelic Society of Canada (RPSC) continued a four-year tradition during its annual general meeting (AGM) this June, when it celebrated a dozen volunteers from local clubs across the country.
On June 11 at CAPEX 22, outgoing RPSC President Ed Kroft, who launched the society’s volunteer recognition program in 2019, presented special pins and certificates to the “hardworking” honourees.
“These are people who have quietly gone about their business trying to promote the hobby,” said Kroft, whose five-year term came to an end during the AGM.
In alphabetical order, this year’s honourees include:
- Tom Balabanov, of the British Columbia Philatelic Society (BCPS);
- Harold Burnett, of the Barrie District Stamp Club;
- Simon Claughton, of the West Toronto Stamp Club (WTSC);
- Victoria Claughton, of the WTSC;
- Denzil Fernandes, of the WTSC;
- Henny Huyl, of the Kitchener-Waterloo Philatelic Society (KWPS);
- Olaf Poulsen, of the KWPS;
- Ian Robertson, of the WTSC;
- Michael Souza, of the BCPS;
- Rob Timberg, of the WTSC;
- Robert Zacharias, of the Winnipeg Philatelic Society (WPS); and
- Michael Zacharias, of the WPS.
Kroft, who will continue on the RPSC executive as the society’s past president, encourages local club officials to nominate their members for recognition next year. RPSC membership is not required to receive this honour.