There are six shows on the philatelic calendar this week.
Today is the final day of the 54th Annual Lakeshore Stamp Exhibition, which is being hosted by the Lakeshore Stamp Club at Sarto Desnoyers Community Centre on 1335 Bord-du-Lac in Dorval, Que. The show will feature about 100 exhibit frames and more than 20 dealers. Parking and admission are both free.
Today is also the final day of the Vancouver Coin, Stamp and Collectibles Show, which is being held at the Nikkei Centre on 6688 Southoaks Cres., in Burnaby, B.C. Hosted by the North Shore Numismatic Society, the bourse will be open today from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
There will be a selection of stamps, postcards, coins, banknotes, tokens, medals and art available. Admission is $2, although children aged 16 or under are free if accompanied by an adult. Free underground parking is also available.
The following dealers are slated to attend:
- Adem Karisik, of Vancouver (Canadian banknotes)
- Al Tebworth, of Vancouver (Canadian banknotes and coins)
- Albert Benoit, of Vancouver (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
- Clay Elmquist, of Victoria (Canadian coins)
- Gino Nyeste, of Vancouver (Coins and artwork)
- Greg Jones, of Halifax (Canadian coins)
- Hugh Powell, of Enderby (Certified Canadian coins)
- Jason Yanko, of Abbotsford *Saturday only* (Coins and silver bullion)
- Julian Ticehurst, of West Vancouver *Sunday only* (Ancient coins)
- Jack Noble, of Chilliwack (Canadian and world coins, banknotes, militaria, medals)
Lighthouse Publications, of Quebec (Coin and stamp supplies)
- Luciano Bassatto, of Vancouver (World stamps and covers)
- Lynn Balmer, of Burnaby (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
- Michael Price, of Vancouver (Gold)
- Peter Jensen, of Burnaby (World stamps and covers)
- Rein Stamm, of Vancouver (Ephemera)
- Ron Richardson, of Campbell River (Canadian and world banknotes)
- Stan Chin, of Vancouver (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
- Tom Kovacs, of Vancouver (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
Later this week, on April 8, the Moncton Stamp Fair will be held at the Royal Canadian Legion on 100 War Veterans Ave., Moncton, N.B. The show will be open from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., and a silent auction will also be held. Admission and parking are free.
ST. CATHARINES, ONT.
Also being held on April 8 is the Best Western Stamp Show. Sponsored by Roy’s Stamps, which specializes in the stamps and covers of Canada and the British Commonwealth, the show is being held in the Niagara Room of the Best Western Hotel in St. Catharines, Ont. from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Parking, admission and appraisals are free.
MEDICINE HAT, ALTA.
Rounding out the week in shows is the Medicine Hat Stamp and Coin Show, which is being held on April 8 at Higdon Hall on 2055 21 Ave. S.E. in Medicine Hat, Alta. More than 40 tables of stamps and coins will be available on the bourse from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission $2, although children accompanied by a parent are free.