There are three major shows taking place across two provinces this week.
Today is the final day of the annual Victopical Stamp and Postcard Show, which is being held at the Comfort Inn and Suites on 3020 Blanshard St., in Victoria, B.C.
With junior and regular exhibits and a variety of dealers in stamps, postal history and postcards, the show is open today from 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission is by donation.
Later this week, on March 15-16, Richpex 2019 will be held at the Executive Suites Hotel and Conference Centre on 4201 Lougheed Highway in Burnaby, B.C.
This annual show also features several dealers of stamps, postal history and postcards. The show will be open March 15 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and March 16 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission is free.
Hosted by the Oxford Philatelic Society, the show will be open from 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. and feature 16 dealers, competitive exhibits, youth gift bags, prize draws and club circuit books. Admission and parking are free.
Looking forward to next week, there are five major shows on the philatelic docket.
- the Postcard Memories Show and Sale on March 17 in Kitchener, Ont.;
- the National Postage Stamp and Coin Show on March 23-24 in Mississauga;
- the Edmonton Spring National Stamp Show on March 23-24 in Edmonton;
- the Scarborough Stamp Club Show on March 23 in Scarborough, Ont.; and
- the Fredericton Stamp Show and Sale on March 23 in Fredericton, N.B.
For more information about upcoming shows, visit our “Events” page or look out for our Canadian Coin and Stamp Show Planner 2019, which is a comprehensive handbook-sized listing of all local, regional and national shows in Canada as well as major international shows abroad.