In a recent issue of CSN (“Local volunteers honoured by RPSC,” Vol. 47 #8, Aug. 2, 2022), several award winners mistakenly fell off of a list provided by the Royal Philatelic Society of Canada (RPSC).
This June during CAPEX 22, where the RPSC held its annual general meeting, the society’s officials celebrated a dozen volunteers from local clubs across the country.
In alphabetical order, the full list of this year’s honourees includes:
- Robert Amaron, of the North Toronto Stamp Club (NTSC);
- Tom Balabanov, of the British Columbia Philatelic Society (BCPS);
- Richard Barnes, of the Edmonton Stamp Club;
- Bob Boehner, of the Nova Scotia Stamp Club (NSSC);
- Harold Burnett, of the Barrie District Stamp Club;
- Simon Claughton, of the West Toronto Stamp Club (WTSC);
- Victoria Claughton, of the WTSC;
- Denzil Fernandes, of the WTSC;
- Dave Harvey, of the NSSC;
- John Harvey, of the NSSC;
- Heather MacKenzie, of the NSSC;
- Leon Matthys, of the NTSC;
- Ernie Nyitrai, of the NTSC;
- Henny Uyl, of the Oxford Philatelic Society;
- Olaf Poulsen, of the Kitchener-Waterloo Philatelic Society;
- Ian Robertson, of the WTSC;
- John Robertson, of the NTSC;
- Barb Scott, of the NTSC;
- Michael Souza, of the BCPS;
- Rob Timberg, of the WTSC;
- John Wilson, of the NTSC;
- Robert Zacharias, of the Winnipeg Philatelic Society (WPS); and
- Michael Zacharias, of the WPS.
The RPSC launched its volunteer recognition program in 2019 while under the helm of past president Ed Kroft, of Vancouver, B.C. Honourees receive special pins and certificates.