Seven Canadian exhibitors entered 11 exhibits as part of the South African Virtual Philatelic Exhibition (Savpex) this summer.
Hosted by the Philatelic Society of the Orange Free State, the virtual exhibition included a 10-class single-frame competition plus a court of honour. There were 80 entries from 14 countries.
The Canadian exhibitors included:
- Don Hedger, of Toronto, who submitted three exhibits;
- Sylvia Ficken, of St. John’s, N.L., who submitted two exhibits;
- David McLaughlin, of Pickering, Ont., who also submitted a pair of exhibits;
- Sam Chiu, of Toronto;
- Michel Houde, also of Toronto;
- Darcy Hickson, of Brandon, Man.; and
- John McEntyre, of Montréal.
The top-scoring Canadian exhibitors were Chiu and Hickson, both of whom scored 92 points with their postal history entries.
To view the exhibits, visit sapa.africa/publications/#exhibits.
To view the palmares, visit bit.ly/2XL94h5.
The deadline to apply for Savpex 2021 is March 31. Entries must then be scanned and uploaded to the jury chair by April 30. Judging will take place in June, and the results will be posted on the exhibition’s website in July.