Home Forums Buying & Selling Selling a Collection.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jimghad
    Participant

Financially is it better to sell stamps and First Day covers:
    A) Individually
    B) As a full collection?

Jesse
    Participant

It depends on the material being sold (its rarity, condition, provenance, etc.) and your reason for selling it (are you either a collector or non-collector trying to get rid of a collection, or are you a dealer?).

Jimghad
    Participant

I have been a collector for the past 60 years. Inherited 2 collections.
    If I sell them individually they will be in very good condition.
    If I sell the entire collection, it will be as a mix nag. majority will be in very good condition.
    I am not a stamp dealer.
    I have never sold a stamp.
    Between years 1980 and 1990 I spent $20,000 (Can. $s ) buying stamps and first day covers.

salt
    Participant

I think if you have the time to sell them individually, it would be more profitable, like selling parts off an Audi. However, who has that kind of time?
    Problem may be, selling everything to one person or to one company may not be in your favor if you are looking for the most value.
    any thoughts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Buying & Selling’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Canadian Stamp News

Canada

Canadian Stamp News is Canada's premier source of information about stamp collecting and related fields.

Although we cover the entire world of philatelics, the majority of our readers are Canadian, and we concentrate on the unique circumstances surrounding collecting in our native land.

Send Us Your Event

Running an event? Send it to us and we will display it on Canadian Stamp News!

Submit Event →

Subscribe To 26 Issues For Just $59.99/year

Subscribe today to receive Canada's premier stamp publication. Canadian Stamp News is available in both paper and digital forms.

Subscribe Now