Home Forums General Discussion Time devoted to hobby Reply To: Time devoted to hobby

salt
Participant

Jimghad When exactly did Europe become interested? Do you mean presently?
I am the younger generation – I am 30 years young 🙂 Yes I understand the supply side but I am also an artist (a painter to be exact) and sometimes I think that’s what makes me good at being a philatelist. What if we could Save the Stamps, as it were; maybe it is as simple as becoming more creative about it? Like a new look or even a new way to showcase them? What if we are able to change the educational curriculum to teach about stamps and the history/ geography to follow? Lest we Forget, Remember?
I love my family’s collection of 1850 -1950 but it seems the designs changed after the 50’s and I personally do not like the way they are designed. I believe I am a ‘naturalist’ (art term) and the styles from then on become too ‘abstract’, I begin to lose interest here. I’ve become a bit more creative and because I am an artist, I have the ability.
If I can figure out how to post an image to show you guys what I can do, and if you like it, maybe you’ll be able to help me understand more?
Thanks for reading!

Canadian Stamp News

Canada

Canadian Stamp News is Canada's premier source of information about stamp collecting and related fields.

Although we cover the entire world of philatelics, the majority of our readers are Canadian, and we concentrate on the unique circumstances surrounding collecting in our native land.

Send Us Your Event

Running an event? Send it to us and we will display it on Canadian Stamp News!

Submit Event →

Subscribe To 26 Issues For Just $59.99/year

Subscribe today to receive Canada's premier stamp publication. Canadian Stamp News is available in both paper and digital forms.

Subscribe Now