This year’s lecture will be held at 7:30 p.m. at the Rosedale Golf Club on 1901 Mt Pleasant Rd. in Toronto. It’s sponsored by the Vincent Graves Greene Philatelic Research Foundation and the Philatelic Specialists Society of Canada.
Chris King will be sharing news from The RPSL—specifically on their impending move to a new premises—and Birthe will be making a presentation on exhibiting postal history, historical postal history and open/display class exhibiting. There will also be a members’ show and tell.
Chris King is a former president of The RPSL and an elector of the Roll of Distinguished Philatelists while his wife Birthe is chair of The RPSL’s membership and representatives Committee.
Tickets are required for the Sutherland Lecture and can be purchased for $10 each. Reservations must be made for the RPSL Day. Additional information and tickets are available by contacting the Greene Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the lecture’s convenors Ingo Nessel (email@example.com) and Charles J. G. Verge (firstname.lastname@example.org).
AGENDA — SEPT. 23, 2017
The Kings will also co-chair a full day meeting of Canadian Fellows, members, and friends of The RPSL on Sept. 23 at the Greene Foundation.
- 1 p.m.: Welcome and introduction by Charles J. G. Verge, who’s a Fellow of both The Royal Philatelic Society of London and Royal Philatelic Society of Canada
- 1:15 p.m.: The RPSL by Chris King
- 1:45 p.m.: RPSL members’ show and tell by Ingo Nessel
- 3:15 p.m.: Break
- 3:30 p.m.: Postal history, historical postal history and open/display class exhibiting by Birthe King
- 4:30 p.m.: Discussion participants
- 5:15 p.m.: Reception participants
- 6:00 p.m.: Dinner at Brownes Bistro (a two-minute walk from the venue)
For more information, visit greenefoundation.ca.